How to Get Rid of Back Acne Scars
HOW TO GET RID OF BACK ACNE SCARS
Back acne scars are also called bacne scars. These scars occur when normal tissues in the skin are destroyed and replaced by fibrous tissue. Scarring is usually an aftermath of severe acne types and is likely to occur more on extra sensitive skin types. Back skin is particularly prone to back acne because of the concentration of sebaceous glands which results in the congestion of hair follicles and skin cells. It also results in the formation of blackheads, lesions, blackheads and the likes. Back acne scars hinder a lot of people from dressing as freely as they want hence, many want to know how to get rid of back acne scars for good.
Back acne scars are classified by their causes. There is the Ice-pick scars caused by loss of tissue and the second; Keloid scars caused by an increase in the formation of tissues. Back acne causes also include; increase in hormonal activities like menopause, genetics, cosmetics, and as a reaction to some medications which may include acne medication for the face, bacteria, bad nutrition, stress, sleeplessness and some environmental factors like change in season.
There are some ways in which back acne can be removed and treated they include;
Homemade remedies work effectively with little or no side effect. For effective result, consistent and effective use should be done.
1. ? Onion Juice
Onion juice has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is also highly rich in mineral content. Onion juice enhances collagen production that helps to boost skin cells and improve the well being of the skin. It functions best when combined with other natural components of silicon like cabbage, flaxseed, oats, and the likes. Onion juice is particularly effective in removing back acne scars, particularly the raised ones. This probably explains why it is commonly used to make scar removal creams and gels.
- One medium-sized cucumber
- 1-2 tablespoons of flaxseed
- 1 or 2 Onions preferably, white ones
Wash the onion and grate or smash them. Use either sieve or any other material to squeeze the juice you can mix this juice with grounded or blended oatmeal or flax seed to form a paste. Rub the paste on the scars from back acne and leave for about 20-30 minutes. You can also enrich the treatment by mixing onion and cucumber juice to oatmeal or flax seed powder to create a paste. For optimum result, this process should be repeated two times every day. It also requires patient as you will need use it consistently for weeks before you begin to notice any changes.
2. ?Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural bleaching and skin lightening agent. It contains Alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) which removed dead skin cells opening up the pores for proper aeration and citric acid, an effective cleanser. Another major constituent of lemon juice is Vitamin C. Vitamin C also helps your skin by boosting its collagen production and enhances skin elasticity. Lemon juice can both be ingested and applied to treat back acne scars. When you form the habit of drinking a glass of water mixed with lemon juice on a daily basis, you are on your merry way to having a clear and spotless back skin. Here is how to make the best of lemon juice:
- Warm water
- Lemon juice ? obtainable from fresh lemon
- Cotton ball
Clean your back with warm or lukewarm water and pat to dry. Pour the juice on the cotton ball and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash the area. This treatment is best done at night because lemon makes your skin extra sensitive to UV rays and may result in further skin irritation. If you need use it during the daytime and step into the sun, then apply sunscreen.
3. ?Tomato Pulp
Tomatoes have whitening properties that make them fit to clear your bacne scars. They are rich in vitamins such as A, C, K, E. Tomato contains Retinol which is a major component of vitamin A. Retinols are formed from the absorption of Beta Carotene which is contained in tomatoes. Therefore, eat as many tomatoes as you can to get your dose of retinol as you may need naturally. You can also apply tomatoes directly to your back acne scars to remove them. You can add tomato to other home remedy treatment like onion or honey to clear back acne scars.
- The tomato could be mashed or grated to create its pulp.
- The tomato pulp should be left on the back, on the acne scars for about 30 minutes before washing away. You can also cut tomato into pieces and paste on the acne scars
4. ?Olive Oil
Olive has acidic properties that make it loosen up skin pores and rejuvenate skin cells. It also contains antioxidants that protect the skin and keep it well aerated. Olive oil has vitamins K and E. These vitamins heal, regenerate and improve skin tone and brightness. Olive oil gets rid of back acne scars by mildly bleaching the skin until its texture is completely regulated.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil will suffice. Lightly rub the oil into the acne scars on back. Massage in a circular massage till the oil is fully absorbed by your skin.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and healing properties which transcend skin care alone. It also serves as a strong exfoliating agent that clears the skin of dead cells, grime, grease and dirta consistent use of turmeric will not only clear your back acne scars but also leave the skin smooth and glowing.
1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1-2 teaspoons of Milk cream
Lemon juice (with yogurt) ? 5-6 drops
1 tablespoon of Yogurt
- Add 1 tablespoon of yogurt to a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice
- Add milk to create a smooth paste
- Rub on the affected part
- Leave for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
If the skin on your back is greasy, don?t use lotion. Use lemon juice and yogurt. Use both ingredients to form a paste and rub it gently on your back acne scars. This process should be repeated daily until changes are visible.
While nutmeg is popularly used for culinary reasons, it is an antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and astringent agent. With these properties, it is obvious why nutmeg is a good choice for getting rid of your back acne fast. You can also mix with honey or water to make a paste.
- 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- Form a paste with these and rub on your bacne scars.
- Leave on the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Gently wash it off.
Nutmeg is not just potent but also concentrated. You should first test on your skin before you go ahead with treatment.
7. ?Orange Peel
Orange peel contains retinols which are very effective in fading the skin to even tones. It exfoliates dead skin cells and enhances the production of collagen.
- peel off orange and dry the peels
- grind the dried peels into powder
- Mix the powdered orange peel with milk, honey or rosewater to create a paste.
- Apply this paste in your bacne scars.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes after which you can rinse with lukewarm water.
8. ?Oatmeal to Remove Back Acne Scars
The health benefit of oats is not only limited to consumption alone. Rather, oat serves as good exfoliator. Oats will wash off the affected area such that there will be no room for dead cells, dirt and bacteria. If constantly used, the scars on back acne will slowly but certainly fade away. Moreover, because it is a natural exfoliator and is fibrous, oat has a way of exfoliating the skin without drying it out. It works very subtly by being harsh on dead skin cells while retaining mildness on the skin itself.
- 2 cups of Hot water
- 1 cup of plain oats
- Soak the oats in hot water until it becomes a thick paste. After it cools off, rub the paste on your back acne; leave it for 10-15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. For even better results, you should mix oats with honey to form a paste. However, blend the mixture well before applying previously directed.
9. ?Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar is a very powerful home remedy ingredient and it is used for many skin conditions because of its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. ACV is highly concentrated and is best mixed with milder agents like honey and water to achieve better and quicker results.
- Mix ACV and water both in equal quantities.
- Apply the solution to the scars using a cotton ball.
- Leave for 1 ? 2 hours.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Note that applying ACV directly on the scars without diluting it can further irritate the skin. It is better to test on unaffected parts of the skin to check for irritation first before applying to the affected area.
10. ?Using Medical Creams and Treatments
A good way to start is with cortisone cream. Cortisone creams are highly effective in reducing inflammation of the skin and promoting healing. However, you should consult your doctor to determine the kind of cortisone cream that will complement your skin type. These creams can be prescribed or bought over the counter. It is best to consult your doctor to ensure it is safe for you to use and even then, read the instructions carefully and only apply it to the affected parts.
Try using an over-the-counter skin lightening cream. The ones that contain ingredients like licorice extract and vitamin C can effectively lighten the skin and rid it of back acne scars. This is done when the cream clears hyperpigmentation which is caused by acne scars. Don?t be so desperate to get rid of your back acne scars that you use any abrasive products that further irritate your skin. There are many safe options from which you can choose a suitable treatment.
11. ?Dieting and Water
There?s no health condition that can respond to any form of treatment when proper care is not taken to eat right and drink lots of water. To aid the riddance of your back acne, drink plenty of water and eat balanced diet. Although eating healthily and staying hydrated won?t make acne scars disappear all of a sudden, it will allow your body to make the best of whatever treatment option you do adopt. Water will flush toxins from the body and refresh the skin. Eating healthy protein, fat and food low in cholesterol will also help your skin to function at its best.
12. ?Chemical peels
A chemical peel is the process of having concentrated acidic solution applied to the skin which will burn the dead layers of the skin leaving a fresh surface underneath. This treatment uses the application of quite mild solution for skin refinement and regeneration. It also contains glycolic acid which boosts cell production. These treatments would not fade and remove the scars immediately. Point to note is that these peels are quite harsh however, they are worth trying.
Here are more tips that answer how to get rid of acne scars on the back;
- Ensure to stay properly hydrated by drinking enough water and keep your skin moisturized always. Eat a lot of vegetables as well.
- The sooner the solution and the treatment of the scar is proferred, the more effective and faster the removal of the scars will be.
- Try as much as possible to keep your skin clean to avoid it from being the breeding place for dirt and microbes.
- Avoid picking scars and spots to ensure quick recovery.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells thereby revealing the fresh soft skin beneath. When exfoliating it should be noted that soft washcloth be used and it should be done gently.