How to Get Rid of Dark Pores on Legs
HOW TO GET RID OF DARK PORES ON LEGS
Looking good is a big deal for both sexes. In all the ways that matter, we love to look acceptable to others and to ourselves and while we may be able to forgive a little imperfection of some of our body parts, nothing can make up for dark pores on the legs especially if it appears as if the pores are there to stay. Legs that have dark pores on them are commonly referred to as strawberry legs. This term is an analogy that describes the way strawberries appear to have holes on them to the way the legs look when pores are visible on them.
Many women and men continually ask about how to get rid of dark pores on legs through different platforms and this article addresses that in satisfactory details. Strawberry legs are even more emphasized in people that are light or olive skinned and can be an irritable sight on closer inspection. There is nothing some women will not do to be rid of the dark pores on their legs but before you scurry and hurry, take your time to rid through and you will be adequately enlightened to make an informed decision. Strawberry legs are known to the medical community as “open comedone”
Causes of Dark Pores on Legs
There is a general consensus that dark pores appear on the legs because of shaving particularly if the shaving is done with a blunt razor. A dull shaving stick will pull at the hair on the legs without scraping the follicles. Thus, the hair follicles become exposed to agents such as dust, dirt, oils and other things that eventually cluster to form dark pores. For proper shaving, ensure you don’t just scrape off the hair but also that the hair follicles are shaved off completely. While shaving is the most common cause of the formation of dark pores on the legs, shaving alone isn’t culpable of creating strawberry legs.
Even when shaving gives birth to follicular issue, it still takes the action of some bacteria to actually form the highly irritable pores that take over your legs. Shaving or no shaving, you must follow good hygiene and keep your legs neat at all time to prevent any skin irritation among which pores is just one. There is hardly any skin condition that isn’t attributable to the operation of bacteria, fungi and virus and while improper shaving creates the fundamental step to developing dark pores on your legs, it is actually the manifestation of bacterial activities that really forms the pores.
How to Prevent Dark Pores Outbreak on the Legs
The chief way to prevent development of dark pores on the legs is to avoid shaving. Just leave the hair on your legs to grow like that and you won’t even stand the chance of having dark pores on the legs. But this isn’t much of a solution is it? Many people shave off the hair on their legs to show off their skin. It is therefore paradoxical not to shave. Hope is not lost however for those who can’t but shave. It is even better if you can avoid using shaving stick and use safer alternatives instead. These alternatives are;
- Depilatory cream– there are many cream products that will remove the hair on your legs completely without developing into leg pores. Depilatory creams are highly recommended by dermatologist and they also slow down the rate at which hair grows on the legs after use. You should however do a skin test to ensure the product you want to use is safe for your skin type.
- Laser hair removal– this is a very common way to shave off hair on legs without using razor. It is especially effective because it targets hair follicles and lasts way longer that other options. When your shave with laser hair removal, it will take awhile before hair grows back again.
Treatment for Dark Pores on Legs
Treatment is universal for strawberry legs, so if what you really want to know is how to get rid of large pores on legs, the solutions that will be discussed here will be suitable for you.
This is the first thing to do when you have dark pores on your legs. Strawberry legs are created because the skin pores on the legs have been clogged due to over exposure and the first thing to do is unclog the pores. You have to make this a regular habit to eliminate the dead skin cells, sebum and other particles that constitute the pores. Exfoliation can be done with drugstore exfoliants like glycolic, salicytic and lactic acids. You can also use natural exfoliators to clean off your skin pores. Natural exfoliators can be made from these materials; brown sugar (preferably because of its stronger exfoliating power), baking powder, olive oil, salt, buttermilk, olive oil and so on. The following options are scrubs that can be created by these materials;
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Paste from the combination of salt and buttermilk
- Paste consisting of 2 tbsp of brown sugar, 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and one tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of water
- Paste made from brown sugar and baking soda
Method of application
Once you have made the scrub of your choice (which should be made with skin compatibility in mind), some of these scrubs are for tougher and rougher skin types that may not produce satisfactory change if milder scrubs were used for example, sugar scrub. You can apply the preferred scrub through these steps;
- The first thing to do is to soak your leg in warm water and allow the skin pores to soften so that exfoliators may have a deep reaching effect. Soaking for 10-15 minutes will do. Ensure that you do not exceed this time so that the skin will not swell or wrinkle
- Rub the scrub on your wet legs with a towel or loofah. Do so gently with circular motions and concentrate especially on the parts that have dark pores.
- Rinse the legs with warm water when you are done then add a splash of cool water for final rinsing.
- You may conclude your exfoliation by moisturizing the skin with glycerine or coconut oil. Gently massage the moisturizer on your legs.
Tea Tree Oil
This is a regularly used herbal remedy for various skin conditions. Tea tree oil has antibacterial and cleansing properties. It opens up the comedones on legs and unclogs skin pores. However, tea tree oil is highly concentrated and should be mixed with milder agents like olive oil or honey for optimum results. Also, you should first test to see if it won’t be an irritant to your skin before using. All you have to do is deeply massage the oil on your legs. You can do this several times in a day for as long as it takes to clear your leg of dark pores.
Cucumber is a natural remedy that clears and whitens skin. It clears strawberry legs to create an even skin tone after continuous application. Cucumber is relatively gentle on the skin and can be mixed with other more concentrated substances to use for strawberry legs. All you have to do is slice the cucumber and ground it to a paste. Then rub the paste on your legs. This should be done at least, two times every day. Repeat the treatment till the dark pores on your legs completely clear away. You can also mix cucumber with rosewater, or lemon juice to create an even stronger solution. In this case, you should apply to your legs and leave for about 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with water. Whatever option suits you best should be doggedly used until the dark pores clear up.
Egg white is generally believed to clear dark pores from legs. It is a very cheap and easy to use remedy for clearing strawberry legs. All you have to do is apply the egg white to your legs and leave for 5 minutes before rinsing off with cool water.
This agent whitens the legs and clears it of dark pores with persistent use. Lemon juice can however be harsh on several skin types therefore it should be mixed with milder agents like milk or honey to make it skin friendly. Moreover, an application of lemon juice to any part of the skin makes the part extra sensitive to UV rays. Therefore, it is best used at night before going to bed or when you are sure to be indoors.
Oils like coconut, jojoba, carrot, sandalwood and avocado oils are not only good for moisturizing the skin but also for clearing black pores due to their antibacterial characteristics. These oils can be used alone to clear your strawberry legs or they can be mixed with other agents to create more potent remedy.
This is not only a way to avoid getting dark pores on the legs in the first place but also a form of treatment. There are rare instances where remedies that have been tried fail; the laser treatment becomes an attractive option for such people.
It is easy to forget that strawberry legs don’t just occurs because we have to receive our fair share of trouble but rather because of some actions we pull off on a daily basis. If such actions were reviewed to be more skin friendly, then we would automatically be saying goodbye to dark pores on our legs. Here are some other tips that can help to get rid of dark pores;
- Good hygiene– dark pores thrive on legs that are not well taken care of. This is not in any way limited to washing the legs as important as that is but goes farther to include the clothes we wear, the loofahs , sponges and other materials we use on our bodies. We should try our best to keep these things clean and dry so that they won’t become breeding space for bacteria which eventually causes dark pores.
- Diet– dark pores form more quickly on people that consume more fats than those who don’t because the clogging of skin pores happens more rapidly in their case. The pores may even be darker for the same reasons. One indirect way of clearing your body of dark pores is to eat healthy. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables that will help rejuvenate and glow the skin.
- Exfoliate before shaving– shaving is more effective and perfectly done when you exfoliate days before doing it. The follicles are easy to reach and shaving in this instance is not likely to result in strawberry legs.
- Use soaps containing exfoliating agents– you may not have the time to go all out and exfoliate. In this case, it will be safer to use bath soap that have exfoliating properties so that you may kill two birds with one stone or should i say three since you will be coming out with clear leg skin.
With this array of options, you are sure on your way to dazzling the world with not just your good looks but your even toned legs, and why shouldn’t you, seeing how hard you have worked for it?
Note that skin cancer is the most common cancer according to Skin Cancer Foundation. This means you shouldn’t take any condition on your skin for granted. If you have tried some of these treatments and they don’t seem to work for you, please pay your doctor a visit to be sure all is well.