How to Get Rid of Grey Hair
How to Get Rid of Grey Hair
Usually grey hair is an indication of aging gracefully but these days grey hair is not really a sign of old age as there are many young people having strands of grey hair. There are some people who are okay with having grey hair and cope with it no matter their age but there are other people who dread having grey hair especially if they are young and they seek for ways to prevent it or find out how to get rid of grey hair.
WHAT CAUSES GREY HAIR
Hair becomes grey when hydrogen peroxide that occurs naturally in our hair is broken down by the enzyme catalase that produces oxygen and water that are not harmful to your hair. When we become older, catalase enzyme reduces and the process of breaking down hydrogen peroxide becomes slower and this leads to an increase of hydrogen peroxide in the hair which leads to your hair turning grey.
Hair turning grey is basically a natural process when a person gets older but when the hair starts to turn grey at a young age like in a person?s twenties and thirties it can affect the confidence of many people. Apart from the reason stated above, there are several other reasons that can lead to grey hair occurring, they include the following:
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Nutrient and Vitamin deficiency
HOW TO GET RID OF GREY HAIR NATURALLY
In the markets there are many treatments available such as hair colors and dyes that can get rid of your grey hair very fast and give you the desired hair color you want. The bad aspect of these treatments is that though they are fast and can give immediate results, they can be harsh on your hair and can destroy the hair follicles and make your hair fall out.
Instead of taking these options that can be harmful to you hair, there are natural remedies that can be done at home that help you effectively get rid of grey hair fast. Below are some simple and easy remedies that can help you on how to get rid of grey hair naturally.
USING COFFEE TO COVER GREY HAIR
One of the common natural methods of covering grey hair is using coffee. Despite not giving a permanent result, it helps to strengthen your hair and provides a lot of nutrients that are beneficial to the growth and maintenance of your hair. It is an easy way to improve your hair and give it a vibrant dark brown color.
To make use of coffee to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Make a strong pot of organic coffee
- Leave it for some time to cool
- While having your bath pour it over your head
- Then massage from the roots all over to the tip of your hair
- For about half an hour cover your hair with a plastic shower cap
- Wash your hair out with cool water
- To achieve the desired dark brown hair color, this should be done two times a week
USING HENNATO COVER GREY HAIR
Henna is safe to use at home. Made from lawsonia plant leaves it does not damage or dry your hair and alter the structure of your hair. It comes in a variety of colors and also binds keratin to your hair which helps to make your hair strong and reduces breakage.
To make use of henna to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Two tablespoons of henna powder
- Three tablespoons of coffee
- Two tablespoons of basil
- Three tablespoons of mint juice
- One tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- One tablespoon of yogurt
Get all these ingredients together and mix them into a smooth paste. Place the paste on your hair and leave it one for around two or three hours before washing it off your hair. This should be done frequently to make sure your grey hair is effectively covered. It should be noted that henna dye goes off the hair after about two or three months.
USING SAGE TEA TO COVER GREY HAIR
The use of sage tea is one of the oldest methods used to cover grey hair and helps to turn hair black among other benefits. It slowly makes the hair darker, shiner and softer but to achieve this you need to be patient and continue using sage tea every day to achieve the desired results.
To make use of sage tea to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Boil water and place the sage leaves into it
- When this is done allow it boil for about two minutes and leave it for about sixty minutes
- Pour the liquid into a different container and throw away the leaves
- When the liquid has cooled down, pour the sage tea on your hair over a large container
- Take the left over liquid in the container to wash your hair as many times as possible. To get the desired results you need to do this every week.
USING ONION JUICE TO COVER GREY HAIR
There are numerous scientific studies that support and show that onion juice can be used in getting rid of grey hair. Onion juice is a very good source of nutrients and minerals like sulfur and biotin which are very important for making your hair healthy, stronger and ensuring it grows well.
To make use of onion juice to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Cut a lot of onions and get enough juice out of them by using a blender or juice extractor. Place the juice on your scalp and hair and leave for about sixty minutes.
- Another option you have is to grate onions and make a paste with it and rub it into your hair and leave it on for about forty five minutes before washing it out of your hair.
- Some people may not be comfortable using this method because of the smell onions emit. To reduce the level of smell the onions will emit you use sandalwood. To rule out any concerns of allergies it is advisable to do a skin test.
USING ROSEMARY OIL AND SAGE TO COVER GREY HAIR
To make use of rosemary oil and sage to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Get half a cup of rosemary oil and half a cup of sage and mix them together
- Boil water for thirty minutes and add the mixture into it and leave it to settle for about thirty minutes
- When it has cooled down you can apply it to your hair and scalp
- To get the desired result you have continue this process on a regular basis like every week
USING AMARANTH TO COVER GREY HAIR
The leaves of amaranth are very effective in improving the growth of hair and ensuring that normal hair pigmentation is reinstated. It also contains a lot of minerals that is good for your hair.
To make use of amaranth to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Get fresh amaranth leaves together and blend them and extract the juice from them. Apply he extracted juice on your hair and scalp.
- Another option you can use is to boil some water and place the leaves in the boiling water and apply the water on your hair and scalp.
USING COCONUT OIL AND CURRY LEAVES TO COVER GREY HAIR
One of the remedies for helping you get rid of grey hair is using curry leaves and coconut oil. Curry leaves have Vitamin B which is essential for restoring the natural color pigments of the hair and is a good to help people out on how to get rid of grey hair naturally. Coconut oil brings back nutrients and vitamins in the hair follicle that helps to delay the process of grey hair occurring.
To make use of coconut oil and curry leaves to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- First of all boil a cup of coconut oil
- After a few moments add a quarter cup of fresh curry leaves into the boiling coconut oil
- Leave the oil to boil on low heat for around fifteen minutes or till when the curry leaves look burnt
- Take the mixture off the heat
- Using a piece of cloth, strain the oil and leave it to cool down
- Place the oil all over the hair and scalp
- To ensure the oil works well on the hair follicles, rub it into your hair for about five minutes
- Leave the oil on your hair for about forty minutes
- Wash your hair with water and natural shampoo
- You can continue this process two times a week for at least a month
USING COCONUT OIL AND LEMON JUICETO COVER GREY HAIR
You can also use coconut oil and lemon juice to get rid of grey hair. Over the years, coconut oil has been used to maintain hair courtesy of its numerous benefits which includes nourishing the hair, preventing grey hair, making hair stronger and preventing hair from falling.
Lemon juice on the other hand helps in building and maintaining healthy color pigments of the hair follicle that helps to retain the natural color of the hair.
To make use of coconut oil and lemon juice to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Get two tablespoons each of coconut oil and lemon juice
- Heat the coconut oil to warm temperature
- Remove the coconut oil from the heat
- After some time add lemon juice and stir it very well
- Place the coconut oil and lemon juice mixture all over your scalp and hair
- Leave the mixture on your hair for about thirty minutes
- After doing this wash the mixture out of your hair and use a natural shampoo on your hair
- You can continue this process two times a week to get the desired results
USING SESAME SEED AND ALMOND OIL TO COVER GREY HAIR
Another natural and home remedy that can be used to get rid of grey hair is combining sesame seed and almond oil. Sesame seeds are a rich source of calcium and magnesium which leaves the hair follicle well-nourished and reduces premature greying of hair occurring. On its own part, almond oil contains various properties that are beneficial to the growth and maintenance of hair such as proteins, Vitamin E as well as nutrients and antioxidants that helps to prevent and get rid of grey air.
To make use of sesame seeds and almond oil to cover and get rid of grey hair, follow these steps
- Get three tablespoons of sesame seeds and two tablespoons sweet almond oil
- Place some sesame seeds into a blender
- Go ahead and grind the sesame seeds to powder form
- After some time heat the almond oil to warm temperature
- After doing this add the sesame seeds powder to the warm almond oil
- Mix and stir the content well and apply the mixture all over your hair
- When you have applied the mixture to your hair, ensure you rub your hair gently in a circular motion so that the oil and enter into the hair follicle much better
- Allow the mixture to remain on your hair for about 30 minutes
- Wash off the mixture very well with water and use shampoo if needed
- You can continue with this process three times every week at night to improve dark color of hair
Apart from all these natural remedies you can also use vitamins and supplements to get rid of your grey hair. Vitamin B, C and E help in maintaining the natural color of the hair and enhance its healthy growth.
WHAT TO AVOID IN ORDER TO GET RID OF GREY HAIR
There are certain things you need to avoid so that you can get rid of grey hair and even prevent it from happening. They include the following:
- Avoid using chemical shampoos and hair dyes as they are toxic and can damage your hair and scalp. Try using natural shampoos and conditioners
- Avoid consuming processed foods and coffee as they take away valuable nutrients from the body such as iron, zinc and copper
- Take a lot of fruits and vegetables and avoid smoking and getting stressed