How to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
How to Get Rid of Scar Tissue
Scar tissue is usually a normal beauty worry for a lot of people. Normal skin is replaced by scar tissue when some level of damage has occurred beyond the first layer of the skin. This happens for various reasons such as cuts, acne, minor burns, scrapes, bites, fungal infection or some types of surgeries.
From a technical point of view, scar tissue is similar to healthy skin tissue but appears different because the tissue consists of fibers that are organized differently. Scar tissues are not painful but are a real beauty worry for many and this is why people look for various ways on how to get rid of scar tissue.
Scar tissues are formed in areas of the body that are injured and help in replacing cells that have been damaged. Scar tissue can appear on the surface of the body or inside the body and whenever there is an injury, it is a normal healing process for the body.
Scar tissue provides a means of protection to the injured part of the body but regrettably does not have the same capability of the initial tissue and its elasticity is low. Also when on the body?s surface it could disfigure the skin and present a major cosmetic issue for many people. Scar tissue is quite different from the adjoining area and is normally known as a scar.
HOW SCAR TISSUES ARE FORMED
The skin of human beings is made up of three layers which are known as the epidermis, dermis and hypodermis. The dermis is the middle layer that is pink within the skin cross section and when it gets injured, the body?s initial response is to make a blood clot in that part to seal off the wound. Next, fibroblasts are sent in by the body. Fibroblasts are cells that help in rebuilding skin tissue. The clot is broken down by these cells and is replaced with primary collagen and proteins which form scar tissue.
Normal skin and scar tissue are consist of collagen proteins but they appear different because of the manner the collagen is organized. With scar tissue, collagen proteins are arranged in one position while with normal skin they overlap in various random positions and this leads to the scar texture being different from the surrounding area of the skin. Normal skin is more flexible than scar tissue and this means that scar tissue does not have normal hair, sweat glands or blood supply.
Immediately the healing process is completed, normal supply of blood to the tissue resumes. Also the skin gets back its normal color after some excess collagen has been broken down and this process leads to scars being flattened.
Areas of the body that are more likely to be scarred include the back, shoulders and chest. It also worth pointing out that every person reacts in a different way to the scars forming on their body.
Though scars are not seen as being attractive, they are important to the body as they act as a means of protection and healing.
There are many people interested in knowing how to get rid of scar tissue. The great aspect about this is that there are various ways to get rid of scar tissue. For instance there are several natural and home remedies that be used to get rid of scars fast. It is worth noting though that results may differ among people depending on the gravity of their problem. Also over some time, scar tissues can fade away naturally.
HOW TO GET RID OF SCAR TISSUE USING NATURAL AND HOME REMEDIES
Below are natural and home remedies that can be used to treat and get rid of scar tissue.
This is known for having the ability to rejuvenate skin tissue and also in helps in reducing the appearance and size of scars. Aloe vera consists of moisturizing and soothing properties that help in reducing inflammation as well as increasing the scar tissue elasticity.
- Get an aloe vera leaf and cut it in two and squeeze the gel out.
- The gel should be applied on the scar and massaged mildly for many minutes
- Leave it to dry for some time and use warm water to wash it off
- Continue this process many times a day for about two months
Coconut oil consists of fatty acids that behave like antioxidants that prevent and reverse free radical destruction. The oil helps in stimulating the production of collagen as well as makes the skin soft to make the process of healing faster.
- Get a teaspoon of coconut oil and warm it
- Place the warm coconut oil on the area of the skin that is affected and massage gently till it gets into the skin
- Continue this process many times a day till you achieve your aim
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
A great remedy for getting rid of scar tissue. An acidic remedy that will help exfoliate the affected part of the skin and get rid of dead skin and the appearance of scars are reduced.
- Place cotton wool in apple cider vinegar and put it on the area affected
- Wait for about 15 minutes and then use water to wash it away
- Later put on a bit of moisturizing cream
- Continue this process few times every day for some weeks
- If your skin is irritated from using apple cider vinegar, mix it in water before using it
This is another good remedy that can help get rid of scar tissue. Apart from being an antioxidant that is effective it is also a moisturizing material that can help in nourishing the skin. In addition to this, it can encourage collagen production and this improves the strength and texture of the skin.
- Get a Vitamin capsule and remove the liquid and place it on the scar about 3 times everyday for many weeks.
- Also when planning your diet add foods that contain a lot vitamins such as peanut butter, almonds and hazelnuts
Lavender oil contains properties that revitalize the skin cells and this helps in treating scar tissues. It nourishes the skin and does not allow scars to become permanent
- Place a few drops of the oil on the affected area of the skin and gently massage for about 15 minutes so that the oil can enter the skin deeply.
- Another method that can be used is to mix together the same amount of olive oil and lavender oil and place it on the area affected and gently massage for many minutes
- Continue with either of these methods two times everyday for many weeks to achieve the result you want
Another effective remedy that can be used to treat scar tissue is lemon juice. Lemon consists of AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) which helps in removing dead cells from the skin as well as repairs and rejuvenates skin that has been damaged. Also it can act as natural bleach and helps in making scars and blemishes lighter.
- Get fresh lemon juice and apply on the scar
- After putting the lemon juice on the scar allow it to dry for about 10 minutes then wash it off and dry the area
- Also put on some moisturizer
- Continue with this process by using it two times every day for many weeks till you achieve the result you want
It is worth noting that you skin can become sensitive to light by using lemon juice so before going out ensure you put on some sunscreen
Cocoa butter is also a good option for treating scar tissue. As a natural moisturizing material, it can be rubbed deeply into the skin to reach its layers. In addition to this it contains a lot of vitamins that helps in repairing the skin.
- Use a wet cloth to rub the part of the skin affected and dry with a towel
- Get a spoonful of cocoa butter and using circular motions gently massage into the skin
- Continue this process for about three days everyday for many weeks
Honey is another natural moisturizing material that can be used to get rid of scar tissue. Honey helps to encourage tissue rejuvenation and also helps in preventing excess growth of collagen as well as accumulation of dead skin.
- Get some fresh honey and apply to the part of the skin that is affected and rub for about 10 minutes. Keep the honey on for about 60 minutes then use warm water to wash it away. This process can be done two times everyday for many weeks
- One other method you can use is mixing honey and baking soda. Get a tablespoon of baking powder along with 2 tablespoon of fresh honey and mix into a paste and apply on the area of the skin that is affected. Rub the paste gently on the area for about 3 minutes and when done get a hot cloth and place on the area. After the cloth becomes cool use it to rub the area. This process can be done about 4 times every week for some months.
This is another useful remedy for getting rid of scar tissue. Cucumbers help in ensuring that the scarred tissue is hydrated and softened. Apart from having a lot of water they do not irritate most skin.
- Get a slice of raw cucumber or its juice and apply directly on the affected area
- Another method is remove the seeds and skin of the cucumber and blend with an egg that has been beaten and few mint leaves about five
- Place the mixture on the area of the skin that has been affected and leave it on for about 20 minutes and wash it off and dry the skin very well
TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree oil consists of properties that are very strong and helps in removing scars and also helps to heal the skin. When you want to use the oil mix it with water because it is very strong.
- Mix two drops of tea tree oil with a teaspoon each of almond oil and olive oil. Put on the area of the skin that is affected and wash it off after some hours. Continue the process once everyday for some weeks
- Another method is to get half a cup of warm water and place about 3 drops of tea tree oil into it. Use the water to wash the area that is affected two times everyday for some weeks
You can also get soap made with tree oil to wash the area affected twice everyday
HOW TO GET RID OF SCAR TISSUE USING OTHER METHODS
Apart from using natural home remedies to get rid of scar tissue there are other methods that can also be used which will also be beneficial to people looking for ways on how to get rid of scar tissue. Doctors can provide several options in treating scar tissue, they include the following:
- Applying pressure to a scar or placing silicone sheets over the scar most times helps to make it appear better as well as make scars to be paler and flatten scars that are raised
- Doctors could decide to inject corticosteroids into scars that are raised to prevent collagen synthesis as well as help inflammation to be reduced
- The layer of the surface of scarred skin can be removed through the process of abrasion and surgery can be used later on to remove a keloid or hypertophic scar raised surface
- Another method that can be used is going for surgical procedures. After the surgery the body could have a new scar as it goes through the process of healing courtesy of the wound obtained from the surgery. The fresh scar could appear better than the previous scar
- Skin grafts could also be used in covering some type of scars such as those that were created because of burns
- Laser treatment can also be used in treating scars as it can help in making acne scars appear better. The laser treatment encourages new collagen to be formed which partly covers the affected area
- For internal scars, they could improve by themselves or be removed surgically. After surgery there is the risk that new scars will develop. Doctors have some procedures to deal with scar tissues in the liver, heart along with other organs but it is difficult to manage scar tissue that is extensive.