HOW TO LOSE FACE FAT
We all have different shapes and sizes and some of us have more fat on our faces than we would like which makes many people seek ways on how to lose face fat.
If you are concerned about your chubby cheeks or fat on your face there are things you can do to get your face looking trim and lovely. There are various tips you can incorporate into your lifestyle that will not only help you to reduce the fat on your face but also helps you to generally lose weight all over your body.
Basically there are different opinions on how to lose face fat. There are people that believe it is not possible to reduce fat from a specific part of the body and this means they believe “spot fat reduction" is not achievable. This because fat and muscle are different tissues and do not depend on each other. While it is possible to build a particular muscle through training, it is quite hard to burn the fat that is stored on top of it.
They believe the only way to lose your face fat is by losing the whole fat all over your body. So whether it is fat on your stomach, fat on your legs or fat on your arms the first thing you need to do is to develop a calorie deficit in order to burn and lose the fat not only on your face but all over your body. For instance if through your various activities you burn 4000 calories a day but eat only 2000 calories, your calorie deficit every day will be 2000 calories.
To reduce the fat on your face or any part of your body you need to produce a calorie deficit and reduce your overall body fat percentage through eating well and following a good nutrition plan as well as having a regular exercise routine.
Below are steps you can take to help reduce the fat on your face as well as all over your body:
REDUCE YOUR SALT AND SUGAR INTAKE
This is seen as an easy way to change your body immediately. If you are taking too much salt and sugar you will end up retaining a lot of extra water which can lead to your body and especially your face bloating. To avoid or stop bloating you need to reduce your salt intake and also cut down on the amount of sugar you consume. When this is done, your body will shed the water weight naturally. With this change in your diet you are bound to see changes soon.
AVOID TAKING ALCOHOL
Another step you can take to reduce your face fat is to avoid taking any form of alcohol. Whether it is hard liquor, beer or wine when taken especially excessively it can lead to your body becoming dehydrated which leads to your face appearing bloated.
DO SOME EXERCISES AND TRAINING
If you are sincere about losing your face fat as well as fat all over your body then you need to step up in the area of exercising and training. You should do your best to put in some hard work like sessions lasting up to one hour about five times a week. Instead of just doing regular and normal workouts put in more effort by doing strength trainings once in a while such as weight lifting that helps to improve your metabolism, helps increase your muscle mass and helps you lose fat all over your body. Also working out and strength trainings helps you burn extra calories.
You can also try walking for about half an hour few days a week. Now when doing these exercises do not make the mistake of thinking you can continue eating junk food because exercising will take care of any issues you are having. Dieting is very essential when it comes to losing weight although exercising will also help in making your body stronger and healthier.
MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DIET
You can go all out and immense yourself in various workouts and trainings but if you do not make changes to your diet all your efforts will be just be wasted and you will not get the desired effect for your face. Reduce the amount of processed foods you eat and eat more of foods rich in protein, fresh vegetables, fibrous foods and stay away from foods that have lots of sugar and salt. Lean proteins, fruits, whole grains as well as vegetables helps you have a high quality diet that allows you lose weight and have a healthy skin completion.
TAKE LOTS OF WATER
Apart from making you feel good being hydrated can subdue your appetite, make sure your face does not bloat, makes your skin look lovely and contributes to boosting your metabolism. When you are dehydrated you tend to retain water and this makes your face look bloated. You can drink about 8 glasses of water every day.
Another reason that you should drink plenty water is because it removes toxins from your body and increases your overall health and makes your hair and skin look better.
You can also burn calories by drinking cold water. Taking about 64 ounces daily can help you achieve this. When your body is hydrated, you tend to feel better and over time your face appears slender.
TRY TO SLEEP ON TIME
Sleep energizes your body and boosts your immune system and also helps to keep your hormones balanced. A tired body may bloat and lead to facial muscles sagging and this can make your face look larger than normal. So try to get at the minimum seven hours of sleep every night to get enough energy and burn fat.
A NICE HAIR STYLE COULD HELP
Some hair styles can make your face look longer and leaner so it looks less round. Taking the shape of your face into consideration, a hairstyle can make your face look slimmer and rounder. If you have long hair do not allow it to grow past your chest and let your hairstylist produce some soft layers so that your face can be framed.
DO FACIAL EXERCISES
There are other people that have a different opinion on how to lose face fat. They believe that though exercises are important doing them alone is not okay to lose the fat on your face. They believe that there are specific exercise you can do that are tailored to help you lose that excess fat from your face and give positive results which will make you feel good.
Changing the way you eat and adopting a healthy diet will not help much to reduce the fat on your face if you do not exercise regularly, but it is worth noting that not all physical exercises will be enough to remove excess fat from your face. This is why there are particular exercises you need to do specifically for your face to remove the fat.
There are several people who are not able to do these facial exercises because they have no idea about them and how to go about it or do not have the time to do these facial exercises.
These exercises are not difficult to do and are not time consuming which is a very good thing. These exercises have shown over time that they can make your face sweaty and target particular areas on your face like the cheeks, lips, eyes, jaws and you can see changes almost immediately.
People these days consider facial exercises as being better, exciting and more fun than regular exercises. So if you have excess fat on your face and you are yet to try out these facial exercises, create time to do them and see how beneficial they can be. Some of the facial exercises include the following:
- Drop your lower jaw while sitting up straight. When you have done this, push your jaw outwards as far as it can go until you feel some tension build up in your cheeks close to your ears. Stay in this position for 10 seconds then draw your jaw back inwards. This can be repeated 10 times.
- With your mouth shut, smile as wide as you can without separating your lips. When this has been done, stay in this position for 10 seconds and then let your lips relax. This can be repeated 10 times.
- Stretch out your neck as far as it can go while maintaining the position of your head then open your mouth and slowly close it and feel the tension develop in your lower chin and neck. Stay in this position for 10 seconds and repeat this exercise 5 times.
When sitting in an upright position, your tongue should be brought out and with the edge of your tongue try and touch your chin. For about 10 seconds maintain this position and relax, this can repeated 10 times. You should feel a little bit of sensation just beneath the cheeks when doing this exercise.
- The cheek puff exercise also comes in handy. You just have to take a deep breath and keep the air and push it to the other cheek. You can do this a lot of times throughout the day.
- The smile exercise helps in tightening the cheeks and mouth. The idea is to smile and tighten your teeth for a few seconds and do not narrow your eyes then tuck your lips and repeat the process. First do it on one side and later change to the other side.
- When you blow a balloon it can leave your skin toned because it exercises the muscles within them. What to do is blow a balloon and let the air out in it and continue this for 10 times. After about 5 days you start noticing some changes and differences.
- You can also try the chin lift exercise as it not only helps in reducing fat but also helps in getting rid of double chin. It also helps in stretching parts of the facial muscles such as throat, neck and jaw but make sure you do not use any other facial muscle apart from your lips when doing this exercise. You can do the exercise either sitting or standing. Start by tilting your heads towards the ceiling with your eyes fixed on it. When in this position make your lips tight as if you want to kiss the ceiling and hold this position for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- You can also do the fish face exercise as it is easy and one of the best facial exercises for cheeks and the best part of this type of exercise is that it can be done anywhere you like and almost anywhere. It can be done while watching T.V or listening to your favorite tune. The exercise helps in getting rid of face fat quickly and spread your cheek muscles. What you do is suck in your cheeks and lips and try to smile. Stay in this position for 5 seconds and you will feel a burning sensation in your cheeks and jaw. Repeat this 10 times.
- You can work almost all your facial and neck muscles by doing the blowing air exercise which is one of the most effective face exercises to reduce your chubby cheeks and get rid of your double chin. It has a major effect on the neck, jaw and cheeks and tones them to provide your face with a natural lift to give your face a leaner look. You can start by sitting on a chair and straighten your spine tilting your head backwards to the extent that you are looking up directly at the ceiling, pull your lips then let out air from your mouth. Continue doing this for 10 seconds and stop and repeat 10 times.
When changing or improving your diet, you have to take a good look at the foods you consume and find out the foods that contributes to the fat on your face to get the desired result of losing your face fat. Also doing facial physical exercises can also help in reducing the fat from your face.